Thursday, June 28, 2012

First post... (or, "Fear and Loathing in the 518")

I concluded a while ago that my life is ruled by liquids.  Like now, I could use a drink.  It's still morning, so it looks like I'll be grabbin' a cup of high test from the best coffee I've had yet in this town (yet, given the opportunity, I'd still rather go here).

Welcome to this new blog.  I'll be writing stuff about living in Albany, (NY, USA...not those other fake Albanys) and also the Capital District in general.

Local music, local culture, local food, local booze; broader subjects too, like sports, religion, relationships, non-local music & booze, your mom, whatever - and how they all relate to the life of a resident of the 518.

Here's a musical example for our first post:  an opinion of the music scene in Albany, through the eyes of a local hardcore punk band.

Danger Field - "Oh, Albany"

This is our first post, just testing the waters here so I'll keep it brief.
Enjoy, and thanks for reading.  I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment